At Kippin, we are proud to provide the Merchant Services of Stripe. When using Merchant Services at Kippin you are required to adhere to the Terms of Service of Stripe. Stripe Terms of Service supersede that of Kippin. Stripe terms and conditions are located at https://stripe.com/ca/terms.
What Is Personal Information?
What Personal Information Do We Collect?
You can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself, including your email address. Our web server may collect information related to your visit to our website, including: the IP address and domain used to access our website; the type and version of your browser; the website you came from to access our website; the page you entered and exited at; any website page that is viewed by that IP address; and what country you are from. We use this information to monitor our website’s performance (e.g., number of visits, average time spent, page views) and for our business purposes such as working to continually upgrade our website.
Using the “Contact Us” portion of this website, Applying for a position with Kippin through this website or by corresponding with a representative of Kippin via email using the hyperlinks created for that purpose.
Where you request information from us, we may use the email address that you provide to send you information about offers on products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you have asked us to put you on an email mailing list to provide you with certain information on a regular basis, or if we send you information about our offers on products and services by email, you may ask us to remove you from the list at any time (using the unsubscribe instructions provided with each email and on the site where you signed up).
When you visit the website, we place a “cookie” on the hard drive of your computer to track your visit. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your hard drive through your web browser that can only be read by the website that placed the cookie on your hard drive. The cookie acts as an identification card and allows our website to identify you and to record your passwords and preferences. The cookie allows us to track your visit to the website so that we can better understand your use of our website so that we can customize and tailor the website to better meet your needs.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies. However, on most web browsers you may change this setting to have your web browser either:
Notify you prior to a website placing a cookie on your hard drive so that you can decide whether or not to accept the cookie.
Automatically prevent the placing of a cookie on your hard drive. It should be noted that if cookies are not accepted, you will not be able to access a number of web pages found on the website.
What About Links to Other Websites?
Our website may contain links to other websites that may be subject to less stringent privacy standards. We cannot assume any responsibility for the privacy practices, policies or actions of the third parties that operate these websites. Kippin is not responsible for how such third parties collect, use or disclose your personal information. You should review the privacy policies of these websites before providing them with personal information.
Why Do We Collect, Use and Disclose Personal Information?
Your personal information may be shared with our employees, contractors, consultants, affiliates and other parties who require such information to assist us with establishing, maintaining and managing our relationship with you. In addition, personal information may be disclosed or transferred to another party in the event of a change in ownership of, or a grant of a security interest in, all or a part of Kippin.
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice, by contacting our Privacy Officer using the contact information set out below. In some circumstances, a change in or withdrawal of consent may severely limit our ability to provide products or services to, or acquire products or services from, you. All communications with respect to such withdrawal or variation of consent should be in writing and addressed to our Privacy Officer.
How Is Your Personal Information Protected?
Kippin endeavours to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in question. These safeguards are designed to prevent your personal information from loss and unauthorized access, copying, use, modification or disclosure.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while this website strives to protect your personal information, we cannot warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once this website receives your transmission, we make commercially reasonable efforts to ensure its security on our systems.
Updating Your Personal Information.
It is important that the information contained in our records is both accurate and current. If your personal information happens to change during the course of our relationship, please keep us informed of such changes. In some circumstances we may not agree with your request to change your personal information and will instead append an alternative text to the record in question.
Access to Your Personal Information.
Consent to receive electronic communication
In this Consent to Receive Electronic Communications, “we,” “us” and “our” refer to KIPPIN, and “you” and “your” refer to, the individual who has been enrolled on KIIPIN in connection with one or more KIPPIN accounts.
When you acknowledge your agreement to this Consent to Receive Electronic Communications, you are agreeing to receive the following types of communications (the “Communications”) electronically:
- all notices and disclosures including information we may be required to provide to you in writing under consumer or other laws or regulations or by various agreements we may have with you (e.g., privacy notices and information concerning certain changes in the terms governing your Accounts); and
- any other information relating to your Accounts, including but not limited to special notices concerning activity in your Accounts, agreements governing new Accounts and required disclosures relating to new Accounts, notices of changes in the terms governing any Accounts, and notices of any changes in the terms of this Consent to Receive Electronic Communications.
We may deliver Communications to you by any of the following methods, which we may select or offer to you at our discretion:
- by sending the Communications to an email address you have provided to us, or by sending a message to such address containing a link through which you may log into on our site to view the Communications;
- by posting a notice on our site, directing you to the location where you may find the Communications within the service;
- by sending the Communications to a wireless device you have designated; or
- by any other electronic means we have agreed upon with you. You agree that delivery of Communications by any of the above methods will comply with any legal, regulatory or contractual requirements that we send you the Communications “in writing,” and that the electronic versions of any such Communications will have the same legal effect as if they were provided in paper form. Even if you have consented to receive electronic Communications, in our discretion we may from time to time send paper copies of certain Communications to the mailing address of record we have on file for the applicable Account, either in addition to or in lieu of providing electronic versions. You agree to provide us with your current email address and to promptly notify us of any changes to your email address by updating your profile contact details. Similarly, if we offer delivery to wireless devices and you provide us a phone number for that purpose, you must keep it updated. If you give us an incorrect email address or phone number or fail to keep it updated, you agree that any Communications we may make available or attempt to send through any of the methods described above will be deemed to have been provided to you in a timely manner.
Communications that we make available through our Website will remain accessible for a period of time which we may establish in our discretion and which may vary with the type of Communication.
To electronically receive the Communications, you will need a computer or other device with internet access, a compatible web browser and, for some types of Communications, a PDF file reader. Compatible browsers include the most current version (and typically one or more prior versions) of all major browsers in widespread use. You will also need access to a printer or the ability to download information to keep copies for your records. When you acknowledge your agreement to this Consent to Receive Electronic Communications, you are indicating that you have the capability to access the Communications electronically and to download or print copies for your records.
You may withdraw your consent to receive Communications electronically at any time. We may, but are not required to, treat an invalid email address as a withdrawal of your consent to receive electronic Communications.
This Consent to Receive Electronic Communications applies only to Communications you receive from us.
When you acknowledge your agreement to this Consent to Receive Electronic Communications, you are indicating your consent to all of the terms and conditions set forth above.